• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

The dreaded Modifier 26

Darlene

Blitzer
I am studying to take my CPC on December 8th. I struggle with Modifiers 26 and TC. Just when I think I get it, I don't....lol. I did my coding course online so I didn't have the blessing of a teacher in front of me giving me the tips and explanations in an easy way that I could understand. I am now doing the CPC study guide and I have finished the Blitz videos but will go over them again before the big test. So, here is my question...when coding the radiation treatment management codes (specifically 77427), do they require the use of modifier 26? I put it on my practice question and got it wrong....do they ever require the modifiers and, if so, in what circumstances. Thank you in advance for your help. Oh, and cystourethroscopies get me every time...lol. Never knew there was so much involved in those...lol

Darlene

Meg

Darlene, Medicare payment policy stipulates that the professional interpretation of port films is part of weekly treatment management (CPT® code 77427). However, the technical component is reportable using CPT code 77401 - 77416. Therefore no modifier is required for these services.

Hope this helps.
Meg

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student